Random Trivia For This Title:
- The role of Lucas was written with T.J. MillerT.J. Miller in mind.
- The transformation sound from The Transformers (1984) is heard when Optimus Prime changes alternate modes.
- [?] Landon Liboiron, Luke GrimesLuke Grimes, [?] Luke Mitchell, [?] Hunter Parrish and Brenton ThwaitesBrenton Thwaites auditioned for the role of Shane before the role went to Jack ReynorJack Reynor.
- Originally, Lockdown was to carry the torn-out eyes of his victims as trophies tied to his hip.
- One of Bumblebee's sound bites is "I'm calm, Dude," taken from The Big Lebowski. The quote is spoken by John GoodmanJohn Goodman's character, Walter Sobchak. That film also starred John TurturroJohn Turturro (Agent Simmons in the previous films) and Peter StormarePeter Stormare (Prometheus Black in Transformers: Animated).
- Crosshairs (John DiMaggioJohn DiMaggio) refers to humans as "meatbags". This is a tribute to [Futurama] where DiMaggio had voiced the robot Bender, who also refers to humans as "meatbags".
- This is John GoodmanJohn Goodman's fourth live-action adaptation of a cartoon series, after The Flintstones, The Adventures of Rocky & Bullwinkle and Speed Racer.
- Roland EmmerichRoland Emmerich, Joe JohnstonJoe Johnston, Jon TurteltaubJon Turteltaub, Stephen SommersStephen Sommers, Louis LeterrierLouis Leterrier and David YatesDavid Yates were considered to replace Michael BayMichael Bay before Bay decided to return for the fourth film.
- At the end of the film, Optimus Prime leaves Earth to embark on a quest to find the creators of the Transformers. This was one of the originally proposed ideas for the plot of The Transformers: The Movie that was rejected for unknown reasons.
- Mark WahlbergMark Wahlberg asked that his children Ella Rae, Michael Robert, Brendan Joseph and Grace Margaret get roles in the film since they're Transformers fans.
- According to the filmmakers, 90% of Mark WahlbergMark Wahlberg's stunts in the film are done by him.
- Dwayne JohnsonDwayne Johnson was offered the role of Cade Yeager, but he declined due to scheduling conflicts with his movie Hercules (2014).
- [?] Isabelle Cornish, [?] Margaret Qualley and [?] Gabriella Wilde auditioned for the role of Tessa Yeager before Nicola PeltzNicola Peltz was cast.