Random Trivia For This Title:
- The Red Shirt Henchmen are an homage to [Star Trek (1966)].
- Director Chad StahelskiChad Stahelski was Keanu ReevesKeanu Reeves' stunt double in [The Matrix movies].
- In the original script, the character of John Wick was written with "a man in his mid-sixties" to play the role, given the title character's fabled reputation, ergo, the filmmakers had initially imagined an older actor. However, head of Thunder Road Pictures, Basil Iwanyk, decided against this, stating, "Instead, we decided to look for someone who is not literally older, but who has a seasoned history in the film world."
- According to the directors' commentary, when they shot the top-level nightclub fight sequence, Keanu ReevesKeanu Reeves had the flu, and was running a 104° Fahrenheit fever.
- Keanu ReevesKeanu Reeves learned and memorized the nightclub fight sequence the day that the scene was filmed.
- Bacon grease was placed on Keanu ReevesKeanu Reeves' face to attract his dog to jump on him when he wakes up in bed.
- According to Keanu ReevesKeanu Reeves, he did ninety percent of his own stunts in the film.
- Chad StahelskiChad Stahelski and David LeitchDavid Leitch were concerned about how the audience would react to all of the death within the film (especially the puppy). So when casting the character of Iosef Tarasov, they wanted someone who looked like a complete "prick". Consequently, they met Alfie AllenAlfie Allen, and thought he was perfect for the role (and also a very nice person).
- Ian McShaneIan McShane replaced Jason IsaacsJason Isaacs as Winston.
- According to a directors' interview, Chad StahelskiChad Stahelski and David LeitchDavid Leitch re-used quite a few of the stunt men several times throughout the film. In order to make them look like different people, they would change their hair. So scenes of the guards and henchmen with long hair and beards were shot first, and the scenes with bald men were most likely shot last.
- The film reunites Keanu ReevesKeanu Reeves, Daniel BernhardtDaniel Bernhardt, and Randall Duk KimRandall Duk Kim, along with producers-directors Chad StahelskiChad Stahelski and David LeitchDavid Leitch, all of whom were involved in [The Matrix Trilogy].
- Chad StahelskiChad Stahelski is the credited Director, and David LeitchDavid Leitch is credited as a Producer. This due to DGA regulations allowing for only one director to be credited, unless unusual exceptions are made. No exception was granted in this case, even though the two produced and directed this film together as a team. Stahelski voluntarily took no producer credit.
- Lance ReddickLance Reddick plays the Hotel Manager, whose name is Charon. In Greek mythology, Charon is the ferryman of Hades. you have to pay Charon for safe passage. Hence why Lance ReddickLance Reddick puts the gold coin in his pocket at the hotel. John in a sense is paying for safe passage.
- The building facade used for the Continental sanctuary is the same one used in The Dark Knight Rises (2012) , stock exchange scene.
- Michael NyqvistMichael Nyqvist cut his entire head open during a shooting of a scene with a stuntman, leaving his ear resting on his right shoulder. This resulted in eighty stitches. Some of the last scenes had to be re-done to hide Nyqvist's scar.