Random Trivia For This Title:
- [?] O'Shea Jackson, Jr. and Yahya Abdul-Mateen IIYahya Abdul-Mateen II auditioned for the role of Lando Calrissian.
- Although originally brought on-board to complete the film after Phil LordPhil Lord and Christopher MillerChristopher Miller had been dismissed due to creative differences, it was widely reported in October 2017 that Ron HowardRon Howard had re-shot more than eighty percent of the movie.
- Harrison FordHarrison Ford revealed that he's seen the movie and thinks it's "phenomenal", but skipped out on the premiere with the rest of the cast because he didn't want to steal Alden EhrenreichAlden Ehrenreich's moment of glory.
- Director Ron HowardRon Howard said that one of the best experiences on this movie was directing Chewbacca, and subsequently getting a hug from him.
- The Golden Idol (Fertility Idol) from the opening scene of Raiders of the Lost Ark can be seen sitting on a table in the meeting room of Dryden Vos (Paul BettanyPaul Bettany). Harrison FordHarrison Ford, who originally played Han Solo, also played Indiana Jones in Raiders of the Lost Ark. Director Ron HowardRon Howard confirmed this Easter egg on Twitter.
- Dryden Vos (Paul BettanyPaul Bettany) has a set of Mandalorian Battle Armor in his collection on his yacht. This is the same style of armor made famous by bounty hunters Jango and Boba Fett.
- Joonas SuotamoJoonas Suotamo wrote a heartfelt letter to Peter MayhewPeter Mayhew saying that he was doing his role not just for Star Wars fans, but for Mayhew himself.
- First [Star Wars] movie not to feature anyone from the Skywalker bloodline.
- Alden EhrenreichAlden Ehrenreich was the first actor to audition for Directors Phil LordPhil Lord and Christopher MillerChristopher Miller. The directors said in July 2016 that while they liked a lot of the other actors with whom they read, they increasingly said, "The first guy we saw was the best for the part", and that led them to eventually cast Alden as Han.
- Woody HarrelsonWoody Harrelson was picked over Christian BaleChristian Bale as Han's mentor.
- In this movie, Chewbacca tells Han he is one hundred ninety years old. In Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope Chewbacca is two hundred years old, making the events of this movie ten years before Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope.
- With this film, Warwick DavisWarwick Davis has been involved in ten Star Wars related projects starting with Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi.
- Though his most famous character C-3PO does not appear in this film, Anthony DanielsAnthony Daniels' name appeared in the credits as the voice of Tak.
- Michael Kenneth WilliamsMichael Kenneth Williams was originally cast in the film and shot scenes, but amidst the re-shoots, he was unable to return to the set, and his role was removed.
- During an interview on [The Graham Norton Show], Phoebe Waller-BridgePhoebe Waller-Bridge stated that prior to her casting, she had never seen a [Star Wars] movie, and didn't know what a droid was. So she decided to play L3-37 as a human in her audition. It was only when one of the directors asked her if she could be more "droid-y" while making a mechanical hand gesture that she deduced that droids are robots. In the end, however, they liked her original interpretation of the character and gave her the part.
- This film marked the first time an Academy Award winning director ever made a [Star Wars] film. Also the third Academy Award nominated director (after George LucasGeorge Lucas and Lawrence KasdanLawrence Kasdan).
- Reports were saying that Michael B. JordanMichael B. Jordan was planned to portray Lando Calrissian, but the role was given to Donald GloverDonald Glover.
- Dave FrancoDave Franco, Aaron Taylor-JohnsonAaron Taylor-Johnson, Miles TellerMiles Teller, Nick RobinsonNick Robinson, Leo HowardLeo Howard, [?] Tony Oller, [?] Chandler Riggs, [?] Hunter Parrish, Rami MalekRami Malek, [?] Landon Liboiron, [?] Ed Westwick, Tom FeltonTom Felton, [?] Ben Key, [?] Eddy Westcott, [?] Joshua Sasse, Logan LermanLogan Lerman, [?] Ansel Elgort, Jack ReynorJack Reynor, [?] Colton Haynes, [?] Max Thieriot, Scott EastwoodScott Eastwood, Chris PrattChris Pratt, [?] Emory Cohen, Alden EhrenreichAlden Ehrenreich, Taron EgertonTaron Egerton, [?] Jack O'Connell, and [?] Blake Jenner had screentested for the young Han Solo. Teller, Elgort, Franco, Reynor, Eastwood, Lerman, Cohen, Ehrenreich, Egerton, O'Connell, and Jenner were amongst the ones who made the cut for the role.
- This is the first film to feature Chewbacca in a lead role, so to achieve this level of on-screen action, production produced eight suits and 10 heads.
- Vesper Lynd, the main female lead character from Casino Royale is considered to be a major influence behind Qi'ra.
- Tessa ThompsonTessa Thompson, Naomi ScottNaomi Scott, ZoŽ KravitzZoŽ Kravitz, [?] Kiersey Clemons, and [?] Jessica Henwick, who portrayed Jess Testor Pava in Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens had screentested for the female lead role before it went to Emilia ClarkeEmilia Clarke.
- [?] Adande "Swoozie" Thorne revealed that he auditioned for Lando Calrissian and joked about Donald GloverDonald Glover taking all of his roles.
- Ron HowardRon Howard, as usual, cast his brother Clint in a small role. Clint had earlier appeared on an episode of [Star Trek] as a child. Howard had previously directed Apollo 13, which featured Kevin BaconKevin Bacon, a distant cousin of [Star Wars] actor Mark HamillMark Hamill.