Random Trivia For This Title:
- George LucasGeorge Lucas deliberately made the Darth Vader suit top-heavy (for instance adding weight on the helmet) to make Hayden ChristensenHayden Christensen not appear "too accustomed" to it in the movie.
- The Wookiee costumes from this film sport a new arterial system that pump ice cold water to help cool down the actor wearing the suit.
- In Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones, The look of the Clone troopers was a cross between the Mandalorian armour worn by Jango Fett and the storm troopers of the original trilogy. In this movie, the look of the clone troopers edges a bit more towards the look of the stormtroopers, but still retains a few elements of the Mandalorian armour.
- The role of Captain Antilles was originally offered to Denis LawsonDenis Lawson, who played Wedge Antilles in the original trilogy.
- All shots of C-3PO had the entire green screen set reflecting in his shiny gold armor, so digital effects artists in post-production had to digitally repaint C-3PO's armor frame by frame to remove any traces of the set.
- The Darth Vader mask for this film was rebuilt from scratch, using a new digital design to computer-lathe the base master, from which molds were made to cast the on-screen costume masks. The resulting masks are, for the first time in [Star Wars] history, truly symmetrical.
- After their climactic duel, Obi-Wan can be seen picking up Anakin's lightsaber, which he later gives to Anakin's son Luke in Star Wars.
- Some lines in the script by Palpatine during the lightsaber fight between Anakin and Count Dooku were eventually cut. One line included Palpatine talking about Dooku having ordered the Sandpeople to kidnap and torture Anakin's mother.
- After the opening battle, as the transport lands at the senate building in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen the Millenium Falcon can be seen landing.
- At Hayden ChristensenHayden Christensen's request, George LucasGeorge Lucas had a new Darth Vader suit made to fit him, rather than reuse the one in the original trilogy and have a different actor play Vader.