Random Trivia For This Title:
- One of the shows that survived the 2007 and 2008 writers strike. The show started in 2007, and the strike started in late 2007. This resulted in season one only being seventeen episodes.
- Bernadette did not originally have such a high pitched voice. When she first appeared, she had a rather normal pitch voice and as her character began to take shape, she adopted the quirky high pitched voice which Melissa RauchMelissa Rauch says she based off her mother's voice "without the Jersey".
- Penny (Kaley CuocoKaley Cuoco) has never had her maiden name disclosed on-screen before. An interview with one of the writers of the show revealed that the writers are aware of this, and due to superstitious reasons are intent on not revealing it ever on-camera.
- Raj (Kunal NayyarKunal Nayyar) is Hindu. However, Raj always wears a steel bangle, which would indicate that he's Sikh. In fact, Kunal NayyarKunal Nayyar is Sikh.
- Sheldon (Jim ParsonsJim Parsons) and Leonard (Johnny GaleckiJohnny Galecki) are atheists, yet the scientific theory that is the basis for their careers (and the show's title) "The Big Bang Theory" was actually proposed and developed by a Catholic priest, Father [?] Georges Lemaître.
- Melissa RauchMelissa Rauch, who plays the role of Bernadette, a Catholic, in the series, is Jewish in real-life.