Random Trivia For This Title:
- This version differs from the book in that, here, Scrooge's fiancée, Belle, is the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Fezziwig. In the book she is not related to them.
- Alec GuinnessAlec Guinness' big musical number was cut from the film, although the lead-in remains intact. It was called "Make the Most of This Life."
- Alec GuinnessAlec Guinness did not enjoy doing this movie. It required much more time than he expected, with the need of wires and a harness for his floating character. He suffered a double-hernia that required surgery to repair.
- Scrooge (played by then 34-year old Albert FinneyAlbert Finney) is actually younger than his nephew Fred (played by then 46-year old Michael MedwinMichael Medwin).
- Richard HarrisRichard Harris rejected the role of Scrooge. Rex HarrisonRex Harrison agreed to play the part, but had to back out due to a commitment to a difficult play. (Harrison was also having an affair with Harris' then-wife, who he would later marry.) Albert FinneyAlbert Finney, who had been offered the role before Harrison but had initially rejected it, reconsidered once he read the script and asked for the role. (He was a business associate of Michael MedwinMichael Medwin, the co-writer who played his nephew in the film.)