Random Trivia For This Title:
- Johnny DeppJohnny Depp wore contact lenses which served as sunglasses so he wouldn't be squinting in the sun all the time.
- The substance sprayed on William Turner after the sword fight between him and Captain Jack Sparrow is actually powdered chocolate
- The ship used as HMS Interceptor is the an actual ship, the Lady Washington and is the official tall ship ambassador of the State of Washington. She can also be seen in Star Trek: Generations and was used as a reference for the RLS Legacy in Treasure Planet
- Having decided that pirates were the 18th century equivalent of rock stars, Johnny DeppJohnny Depp's characterization of Sparrow was inspired by close observation of his friend Keith RichardsKeith Richards, though he emphasized in interviews that it was not an impersonation.
- The final cannon shot during the Black Pearl's siege of the town, billows into a Mickey Mouse head shape against the night sky
- Stick around after the credits for an additional scene.
- Johnny DeppJohnny Depp's character, Captain Jack, is portrayed as having gold teeth in the film. These are real and Depp had his dentist implant those and others into his mouth for the production. Disney executive [?] Michael Eisner thought there were too many and asked him to remove all but a few.
- The line "Dead men tell no tales", said by the macaw, is repeated throughout the Disney ride's narration
- When filming in the cave, excessive makeup was added to the characters so they wouldn't looked washed out on film. When the crew realized how cool the makeup looked on Johnny DeppJohnny Depp, they continued to use it on him for the rest of the movie.
- A skeletal Barbossa drinks wine, which trickles through his exposed ribcage, as one of the skeletal pirates do in the Disney ride.