Random Trivia For This Title:
- Late in the movie Master Croc leaps onto the boat and lands in a wide split position. This is a characteristic move of Jean-Claude Van DammeJean-Claude Van Damme, who voices him.
- At the end of the movie, when Po is telling Mr. Ping that he found his "real" dad, there is a sign on the wall behind Mr. Ping. It has chopsticks and a yellow slash on a red background--and looks like a "generic" McDonald's Happy Meal box. (The lower chopstick gives the illusion of the characteristic fold.) McDonald's included toys for both the 1st movie and this one, so it makes sense for this to be an Easter Egg (aka "Hidden Mickey-D").
- According to the director Jennifer Yuh NelsonJennifer Yuh Nelson, Shen proved to be a great challenge to animate, so much that the complexity of the character was like that of doing six characters all at once.
- The character Shen was originally created as a devious mayor for Kung Fu Panda, but was written out before production.
- Lord Shen fights hand-to-hand with a martial arts style called Cai Li Fo, a Chinese martial art that normally uses a metal fan for defensive and distraction purpose. However, being a peacock, Lord Shen uses his large tail feathers for that purpose instead.
- As of September 2011, this is the biggest box office success for a film with a female director (Jennifer Yuh NelsonJennifer Yuh Nelson).
- According to The Hollywood Reporter, screenwriter [?] Charlie Kaufman did an uncredited polish on the script. Previously, he had noted in an interview that he saw Kung Fu Panda with his daughter, and was impressed by the film.