Random Trivia For This Title:
- The concept of sharks being used as dino fodder was Colin TrevorrowColin Trevorrow's idea, and was inspired by producer Steven SpielbergSteven Spielberg's film Jaws.
- There is a statue of the character John Hammond, the founder of the InGen genetic company and Jurassic Park. Colin TrevorrowColin Trevorrow explained this is to specifically honor Sir Richard AttenboroughRichard Attenborough who played the role in Jurassic Park & The Lost World: Jurassic Park. Attenborough had spoken in the past of possibly making another appearance in the franchise but his failing health made it highly uncertain. Unfortunately, Attenborough passed away August 24th, 2014. Hammond is implied to have died prior to the events of the movie, evidently writing Attenborough's death into the franchise as well.
- Indominus Rex means "Fierce/Untamed King" in Latin, after the hybrid dinosaur's erratically destructive and murderous nature.
- The first Jurassic Park film to not have animatronic dinosaurs created by Stan Winston, as he passed away in 2008. Instead the animatronics were created by effects studio Legacy Effects, a company formed from Winston's former workshop staff. One of the shops in Jurassic World, Winstons, is named in Stan's honour.
- For the season two [Parks and Recreation] DVD, Chris PrattChris Pratt made a behind the scenes video. In the video he reads a fake text from Steven SpielbergSteven Spielberg about being cast in Jurassic Park 4. Pratt actually was cast as the lead in the 4th Jurassic Park film.
- The gyrosphere was Steven SpielbergSteven Spielberg's idea. According to Colin TrevorrowColin Trevorrow, then Spielberg "wanted to create a way for people to get up close and personal with the animals, to make it a self-driving, free-roaming experience. It loads on a track, but once you're out there, you actually get to navigate around the valley".
- Jeff GoldblumJeff Goldblum's character Dr. Ian Malcolm can be spotted on the cover of a book that is read by Zara (Katie McGrathKatie McGrath) on the monorail ride in to the park. A copy of the same book, titled "God Creates Dinosaurs" is later shown on Lowery's (Jake JohnsonJake Johnson's) desk in the control room when he is first introduced. A book by Malcolm about his first trip to Jurassic Park was mentioned in both The Lost World and Jurassic Park III.
- Bryce Dallas HowardBryce Dallas Howard's character is dressed in all white, thus paying homage to Richard AttenboroughRichard Attenborough's character in original film. Both were directors of their respective parks.
- The motorbike used in the film made by Triumph was given to Chris PrattChris Pratt as a gift after filming.
- Lauren LapkusLauren Lapkus improvised the line, "I have a boyfriend." [?] Colin Trevrrow liked the line so much that he kept it in the films final cut.
- Jurassic Park is one of Chris PrattChris Pratt's favorite films. The first time he saw it was on its original opening day at the cinema.
- The first camouflaging dinosaur appears in The Lost World book by Michael CrichtonMichael Crichton, but the dinosaur was left out of the movie adaptation. In the Lost World book, the Carnotaurus uses a chameleon-like ability to blend into its environment to surprise its victims. In the Jurassic World movie, Indominus Rex uses the same ability in a similar manner.
- The T-Rex in this film is the same T-Rex from Jurassic Park, which hasn't been seen since the original film (Jurassic Park: The Lost World and Jurassic Park III took place on Isla Sorna and featured their own T-Rexes).