Random Trivia For This Title:
- The novel was published in 1990. However, pre-production of the film began in 1989, using only Michael CrichtonMichael Crichton's manuscript. It was widely believed that the book would be such a hit that it would make an outstanding movie. It turns out that assumption was correct.
- Brian CoxBrian Cox was interviewed for Muldoon
- Tim makes references about [?] Robert Bakker and his dinosaur book. Bakker was a technical advisor on Jurassic Park.
- In 2002, the discovey of a new species of ankylosaurus was named 'Crichtonsaurus' in honor of Michael CrichtonMichael Crichton.
- Steven SpielbergSteven Spielberg wanted the velociraptors to be about 10 feet tall, which was taller than they were known to be. During filming, paleontologists uncovered 10-foot-tall specimens of raptors called Utahraptors.
- To study the movement of the Gallimimus herd, the film's digital artists were ordered to run along a stretch of road with some obstacles, their hands next to their chest.
- At one point Lex is hanging from a floorboard between stories. She looks up for a moment. The stunt double looked up accidentally while filming and Ariana RichardsAriana Richards' face had to be superimposed in post production.
- Harrison FordHarrison Ford turned down the role of Dr. Grant.
- Gerald R. MolenGerald R. Molen, the film's producer, played Dr. Gerry Harding, the character who was out on the field with the sick triceratops.
- William HurtWilliam Hurt was considered for Dr. Grant, but he turned it down without reading the book or the script.