Random Trivia For This Title:
- In one of the re-made shots, when the shark explodes, some of the entrails that fly out of the screen in 3-D are actually a brown leather ET doll.
- [?] Jennifer Jason Leigh auditioned for the role of Kelly Ann Bukowski.
- The film made $13,422,500 in its first weekend. It held the record for highest-grossing opening for a 3-D film until Spy Kids 3-D: Game Over (2003) made $33,417,739.
- In a later interview, Dennis QuaidDennis Quaid referred to this movie as "I was in Jaws what?"
- Lea ThompsonLea Thompson's feature film debut.
- The filmmakers initially planned to have very few "pop-out" effects where objects extend beyond the screen in 3-D. Studio executives ultimately pressured them to include more, worried that audiences would leave disappointed and spread bad word-of-mouth if the 3-D were used mainly for depth.
- Peter FirthPeter Firth and David WarnerDavid Warner were offered the role of Philip FitzRoyce.