Random Trivia For This Title:
- To prepare for the role of Nebula, Karen GillanKaren Gillan shaved her head.
- The casting of Howard the Duck was the idea of the film's editor [?] Fred Raskin. [?] Kevin Feige loved it - James GunnJames Gunn recalled "he couldn't stop laughing every time he saw it, he was like, 'We're f****** crazy!"
- It took makeup artists 5 hours daily to do makeup and apply 18 prosthetic tattoo pieces onto Dave BautistaDave Bautista. Chris PrattChris Pratt revealed that during the process, Bautista stood the entire time, with hands holding onto rails that had tennis balls on them with no complaints whatsoever. Eventually the process was narrowed down to an average of 3 hours, at one time just below the average, while 90 minutes were required to remove the makeup.
- Bradley CooperBradley Cooper cited Tommy DeVito (Joe PesciJoe Pesci's character in Goodfellas) as an influence on Rocket Racoon's voice.
- Benicio Del ToroBenicio Del Toro's uncredited cameo as The Collector in Thor: The Dark World was written to set the stage for the film. He describes the character as "LiberaceLiberace in outer space."
- Chris PrattChris Pratt cites heroes Han Solo and Marty McFly as influences on his performance as Star-Lord.
- Director James GunnJames Gunn has confirmed, via Twitter, that Peter Quill's ship in the film is named The Milano after Alyssa MilanoAlyssa Milano, Peter Quill's childhood crush.
- When Vin DieselVin Diesel started recording his lines for Groot, he was pleasantly surprised to find himself working with an old friend, [?] Doc Kane, the sound technician he'd worked with on The Iron Giant.
- Director James GunnJames Gunn didn't want to see Chris PrattChris Pratt auditioning. He was convinced later by his assistant, at the end of the auditions. After Pratt read for 30 seconds, Gunn stated that then he knew that Pratt was perfect for the role. He stated that Chris's audition was so good, that he was prepared to offer him the role even if Pratt did not lose weight and get in shape in time. Gunn joked that he was willing to CGI a six pack on Pratt's body. However, Pratt asked him to give him 6 months to lose 50 pounds and he ended up losing 60 pounds.
- Djimon HounsouDjimon Hounsou auditioned for the role of Drax and Lee PaceLee Pace auditioned for Peter Quill/Star Lord. Both were later cast as the villains. Hounsou said that after he saw Dave BautistaDave Bautista and how ripped he was, he knew why he wasn't cast and admitted that Bautista was the perfect choice for the role.
- According to James GunnJames Gunn, Star-Lord's obscene gesture was an improvisation by Chris PrattChris Pratt.
- Zoe SaldanaZoe Saldana nearly broke Chris PrattChris Pratt's ribs while filming a fight sequence. During training, Pratt and Saldana would wear protective gear so that they could actually hit each other. However, when the day came to film the actual scene, Pratt forgot to wear his protective gear and did not tell Saldana because he thought she would hold back if she knew. Saldana (under the impression that he was wearing the gear like he usually did) kicked him square in the ribs, which made Pratt fall to the ground. According to him, he had a bruise for the remainder of filming.
- According to Vin DieselVin Diesel, his performance as Groot helped him through a dark time in his life; he was dealing with the loss of his best friend and "Fast and Furious" co-star [?] Paul Walker: "It was the first time I came back to dealing with human beings after dealing with death, so playing a character who celebrates life in the way Groot does was very nice."
- Drax's comment about Groot's ability to release "fireflies", "When did you learn to do that?" is an inside joke, as Groot has never shown this ability in the comic books.
- The soundtrack album "Awesome Mix, Vol. 1" reached number one on the US Billboard 200 chart, the first film soundtrack ever to reach number one without a single original song.
- Vin DieselVin Diesel recorded all of his "I am Groot" lines in several different languages, including Russian, Mandarin, Spanish, Portuguese, German and French so that they could use his real voice in the film around the world. According to Vin DieselVin Diesel, the voice of Groot, he recorded Groot's iconic line, "I am Groot," over 1,000 times.
- When Dave BautistaDave Bautista found out he got the role of Drax the Destroyer, he broke down in tears, overjoyed at getting a Marvel comic-book role. He immediately signed up for extra acting classes in order to prepare for the role.
- Josh BrolinJosh Brolin is uncredited and in fact was the last person cast. He was offered the role while filming Everest (2015). He based the characterization of Thanos primarily on Marlon BrandoMarlon Brando's role of Kurtz in Apocalypse Now (1979).