Random Trivia For This Title:
- In Mrs. Deagle's house, Edward ArnoldEdward Arnold is shown in a few photographs as Donald Deagle. The permission for their use was granted by his estate.
- Among others, the voices of the Gremlins were done by Michael WinslowMichael Winslow.
- In the script, Murray Futterman was killed after his encounter with the gremlins but, the filmmakers found this little harsh and they changed. So, during the news report at the end of the movie (if you listen closely the voice over) you can hear Lew Landers say that he is going to talk with Mr. Futterman at the hospital. In the novelization of the film by George Gipe, this change was not included.
- Generally credited (along with Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom) with the introduction of the PG-13 rating, as many felt the scenes of violence in both movies were too much for a PG rating, but not enough for an R rating. It is also widely believed that if Steven SpielbergSteven Spielberg's name had not been on both movies, they may have received an R rating.
- While the father is talking on the phone from the inventor's convention, the machine from The Time Machine can be seen in the background winding up to full power. The scene cuts to the house, and when we cut back again, the machine has gone, leaving only a wisp of colored smoke.
- The movie on Billy's TV when he feeds the mogwais after midnight is Invasion of the Body Snatchers.
- Hoyt AxtonHoyt Axton was always the foremost choice for Rand Peltzer. [?] Pat Harrington Jr. was also considered. Pat HinglePat Hingle was said to have delivered the best screen test, but was passed on because it was feared Rand's character would take over the picture as a result of Hingle's excellent performance.
- Joe DanteJoe Dante says that in the original draft of the script, Gizmo turns into Stripe. But, Steven SpielbergSteven Spielberg overruled this plot element saying that Gizmo was too cute to be turned evil, and it would be too confusing for audiences to understand that he is evil for the second half of the film. This became stressful for Chris WalasChris Walas who had designed the Gizmo puppet only for the actions that happened in the first half of the movie and had to figure out how to make it work in the rest of the film, hence why Gizmo is always seen in Billy's back pack for the rest of the film.
- At least one of Phoebe CatesPhoebe Cates's screams in the scene at Dorry's Tavern is genuine. An enormous cockroach crawled out in front of her during one take.
- Both [?] Judd Nelson and Emilio EstevezEmilio Estevez were considered for the role of Billy.
- In a deleted scene, Billy and Kate discover Gerald in the bank vault. This scene was added to the NBC TV showing.