Random Trivia For This Title:
- Molly tells Sam that he "leads a charmed life." This is a line from Macbeth. Macbeth also claims to lead a charmed life - meaning he cannot be killed. Immediately after making this claim, however, he is killed. Sam is killed after seeing a production of Macbeth.
- The subway scenes were filmed on the abandoned lower level of the 42nd St. station of the IND 8th Ave. line. Trains appearing in the film wrong railed through the station; that is, they ran in the opposite direction of normal operation.
- The scene where Whoopi GoldbergWhoopi Goldberg meets two nuns is very prophetic. A couple of years after Ghost, Goldberg played a nun in Sister Act. One year later, she repeated the role in Sister Act 2: Back in the Habit.
- Meg RyanMeg Ryan turned down the part of Molly.
- Producers originally offered the role of Sam to Bruce WillisBruce Willis, Demi's husband at the time. But he turned it down, because he didn't think the film would work.
- When it came time to cast the film, writer Bruce Joel RubinBruce Joel Rubin suggested Patrick SwayzePatrick Swayze for the role of Sam Wheat. Director Jerry ZuckerJerry Zucker felt that Swayze was completely wrong for the part. Many actors that included Tom HanksTom Hanks, Tom CruiseTom Cruise, Kevin BaconKevin Bacon, Al PacinoAl Pacino, Bruce WillisBruce Willis, Harrison FordHarrison Ford and Alec BaldwinAlec Baldwin were all offered the part but all turned it down feeling that playing a ghost would be cheesy. Zucker then decided to audition Swayze though he thought he would blow the audition. To Zucker's surprise, Swayze did a great audition and he was cast immediately in the part.
- The horrific sounds made by the "shadow demons" are really the sounds of babies, played at extremely slow speed.
- Jerry ZuckerJerry Zucker described the effect he wanted when Sam passes through walls by dipping a napkin in coffee.
- At theatrical showings in Monterrey, Mexico, women in the audience were given envelopes marked "Solo para mujeres" (for women only) containing tissues.
- [?] Patti LaBelle auditioned for the role of Oda Mae Brown.