Random Trivia For This Title:
- Joseph ZitoJoseph Zito based Rob's death scene - in which he screams "He's killing me!" as Jason attacks him - on a newspaper story he read about a murder victim in New York City who begged his attacker to stop stabbing him. Zito had intended the sequence to be particularly gut-wrenching, as Rob had been established as a capable opponent for Jason. Upon viewing screenings of the film, however, Zito realized that the way in which the scene was filmed made Rob seem pathetic and impotent rather than make Jason appear merciless, and often caused audiences to break out into laughter.
- The moment with Jason's hand moving in the morgue was done by Ted WhiteTed White after director Joseph ZitoJoseph Zito had called cut on the scene. However, the camera was still rolling and hence caught said movement, so it was included in the film.
- According to Corey FeldmanCorey Feldman, the screams he made when Jason (Ted WhiteTed White) grabbed him through the window were genuine; he was truly terrified.
- After Jason actor Ted WhiteTed White finished his scenes for this film he went right on to film the movie, Starman. While on set for the nights filming a bunch of reporters were waiting to interview Jeff BridgesJeff Bridges but he was unavailable, so Director John CarpenterJohn Carpenter told the reporters to talk to Ted WhiteTed White about the film he just finished. After telling the reporters that he had just finished playing Jason in the new [Friday the 13th] film, the next day's article was all about him, and that night numerous fans showed up to the set to see the actor that played Jason.
- Out of all the films in the series this one has the most nudity
- According to Jason performer Ted WhiteTed White, Corey FeldmanCorey Feldman maintained a bratty attitude on set. Feldman maintained that it was due to poor treatment by director Joseph ZitoJoseph Zito, and that when he attacks Jason with the machete, he was pretending that it was Zito.
- It has been said that the only reason Tom SaviniTom Savini worked as makeup artist on this film was so he could kill the character he created (Jason Voorhees).
- The scene at the end with Corey FeldmanCorey Feldman hacking up Jason with a machete was done by having Feldman chop away at two sandbags.
- In one scene Rob Dyer talks to Trish about his sister Sandra. Sandra Dyer was one of Jason's victims in Friday the 13th Part 2.
- This movie starts on Sunday the 15th, the second "Friday" film to not actually take place on a Friday at all. While the beginning with the coroners takes place during the night of Sunday the 15th, the rest of the movie takes place Monday the 16th and Tuesday the 17th being the climactic night.