Random Trivia For This Title:
- A 16-year-old Jacob Johnson, the son that was born to Alice Johnson in the previous installment, A Nightmare on Elm Street: The Dream Child, was a major character in the original script written for the movie by [?] Michael Almereyda. In this first draft of the film, Alice, now in her thirties, was killed by Freddy. Taryn, Joey, and Kincaid from A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors also returned as the "Dream Police." In the script, Taryn was the "Blade Cop," Joey was the "Sound Cop," and Kincaid was the "Power Cop." Director Rachel TalalayRachel Talalay has stated that she greatly disliked original script and that the replacement script by Michael De LucaMichael De Luca "saved the day." De Luca also said that he was surprised he wasn't asked to write the screenplay in the first place, since he had done a similar last-minute rewrite on 'A Nightmare on Elm Street: The Dream Child'.
- During the scene at Springwood High School, several newspaper clippings and other references to Freddy victims appear. Also, written on the chalkboard is "1945 Hiroshima and Nagasaki attempts fail".
- Peter JacksonPeter Jackson's original screenplay for Freddy's Dead saw Freddy aging and growing weak within the dream world. The teens of Springwood would have drug-fuelled slumber parties for kicks, and enter the dream world to beat him up.
- The only film in the series in which Freddy doesn't kill anyone using his glove (although he gets killed with the glove himself).
- This is the first [Elm St] film to not be left on a cliffhanger.
- Peter JacksonPeter Jackson was originally hired to write the screenplay for this film. He wrote a draft, but it wasn't used.
- Breckin MeyerBreckin Meyer's first theatrical role.
- Rachel TalalayRachel Talalay is the only female to direct a film in the Nightmare on Elm Street series.
- Has the same body count as Nightmare On Elm Street 5: The Dream Child at 3 victims in each one, the lowest of the series.
- The fourth highest grossing film in the series.
- The highest opening weekend for the series until the release of Freddy vs. Jason 12 years later.