Random Trivia For This Title:
- Brad PittBrad Pitt, John StamosJohn Stamos and Christian SlaterChristian Slater all auditioned for the role of Jesse.
- In the opening sequence, the bus driver is Robert EnglundRobert Englund without the heavy "Freddy Krueger" make-up and his signature clothing.
- The last film in the original [Nightmare] franchise in which Freddy's house is the focal point of Freddy's terror. In the rest of the series, Freddy's terror revolves generally around Elm Street and the town of Springwood with the house occasionally making an appearance. In the hybrid film, Freddy vs. Jason, there was a reference in the film that Lori lived in Freddy's house but the reference was cut from the theatrical release (but appears in the Deleted Scenes section of the DVD).
- The running time for this film is 87 minutes, Freddy appears in just 13 of them.
- New Line originally refused to give Robert EnglundRobert Englund a pay raise, and an extra was cast as Freddy at the start of production. After two weeks of filming, Robert ShayeRobert Shaye realized his error and met Englund's demands.
- Grossed nearly twice as much as the original.
- Whenever Freddy is on-screen, whalesong has been added to the background music. This only adds to the eerie dream feeling.
- The eye in Jesse's throat was [?] Kevin Yagher's girlfriend's eye.
- Robert RuslerRobert Rusler auditioned for the role of Ron Grady on the last day of shooting Weird Science. Robert Downey Jr.Robert Downey Jr. drove him to the audition.
- [Nightmare] series creator Wes CravenWes Craven refused to work on this film because he never wanted or intended A Nightmare on Elm Street to become an ongoing franchise (and even wanted the first film to have a happy ending), and also because he didn't like the idea of Freddy manipulating the protagonist into committing the murders.