Random Trivia For This Title:
- According to J.J. AbramsJ.J. Abrams, this is considered a "blood-relative" to Cloverfield (2008).
- The cast members weren't told the title of the movie during production (preserving the secret as long as possible).
- Although they take place in the same universe, the film has few connections to Cloverfield (2008). However, producer J.J. AbramsJ.J. Abrams has stated that the studio has a plan to tie the two films, as well as possible future films in the franchise, together.
- Bradley CooperBradley Cooper cameo: Provided the voice of Michelle's boyfriend Ben on her cellphone.
- John GoodmanJohn Goodman was wearing a Missouri shirt through part of the movie. He was born and raised in Missouri.
- Mary Elizabeth WinsteadMary Elizabeth Winstead is barefoot for the majority of the movie. In an interview, she stated that in a lot of the close-up shots that did not show her feet, she was wearing slip-on shoes or flip flops.
- Mary Elizabeth WinsteadMary Elizabeth Winstead was the only choice for the role of Michelle.
- The name of the gas station Michelle stopped at to refuel is named "Kelvin". This is an Easter Egg J.J. AbramsJ.J. Abrams slips into all his projects, a tribute to his maternal grandfather Henry KelvinHenry Kelvin, who owned an electronics company and influenced Abrams as a boy.
- Suzanne CryerSuzanne Cryer, who plays the woman who begs to be allowed to enter the bunker, also plays a newscaster in "The Cloverfield Paradox."