Random Trivia For This Title:
- The final fight marks the only occasion in either this series or the Burton/Schumacher films in which Batman is seen during the daytime.
- Christopher NolanChristopher Nolan said that this film's theme deals with "Pain". For Batman Begins, it was on "Fear", while The Dark Knight deals on "Chaos".
- While doing promotional interviews for the film Tom HardyTom Hardy stated that the most difficult parts of the movie to shoot were the fight scenes. Not because of the physicality of them, but because he was such a huge Batman fan growing up that he said "it felt like I was beating up my childhood hero". However he also said that despite his worship of the character, the moment Christopher NolanChristopher Nolan yelled 'action' Hardy just started throwing punches as hard as he could.
- It is shown in flashbacks that Bane was still an adult when Miranda was a child. Tom HardyTom Hardy, who plays Bane, is two years younger than Marion CotillardMarion Cotillard, who plays Miranda.
- In the early minutes of each film in the trilogy the main villain (Ra's Al Guhl, Joker, Bane) disguises himself as one of his own henchmen and there is a conversation about said villain in each scene.
- According to producers, the line "That's a lovely, lovely voice" was improvised by Tom HardyTom Hardy.
- According to Christopher NolanChristopher Nolan, Bane was chosen as the film's main antagonist "to test Batman mentally as well as physically."
- This marks the second trilogy of movies in which Liam NeesonLiam Neeson plays a character who is killed in the first movie, only to subsequently return incorporeally to communicate with a central character in a later movie (the other trilogy being the [Star Wars] prequels.)
- Christian BaleChristian Bale is the first actor to portray Batman/Bruce Wayne in three [Batman] films.
- Tom HardyTom Hardy has several large tattoos on his chest and arms that had to be covered using heavy cake makeup for the film.
- Each movie from the [Dark Knight trilogy] is 12 minutes longer than the previous one (Batman Begins (2005) is 140 minutes, The Dark Knight 152 and The Dark Knight Rises.
- In the film there are a total of five Oscar winners: Christian BaleChristian Bale, Michael CaineMichael Caine, Morgan FreemanMorgan Freeman, Marion CotillardMarion Cotillard, Anne HathawayAnne Hathaway and three Oscar nominees: Gary OldmanGary Oldman, Tom ContiTom Conti, Liam NeesonLiam Neeson. Additionally, Oscar nominee Maggie GyllenhaalMaggie Gyllenhaal appears in archive footage, bringing the total nominees to nine, unprecedented in a comic book film.
- This is the first [Batman] movie created by Christopher NolanChristopher Nolan that did not get a Academy Award nomination, and the second [Batman] film (after Batman & Robin) which did not receive a single nomination.
- Had Heath LedgerHeath Ledger not died, the film would have involved the Joker going on trial while Two-Face (who survived the last film) went on a rampage across Gotham.
- Anne HathawayAnne Hathaway, Jessica BielJessica Biel, Gemma ArtertonGemma Arterton, Kate MaraKate Mara, Charlotte RileyCharlotte Riley, Eva GreenEva Green and Keira KnightleyKeira Knightley all auditioned for the role of Selina Kyle. After the initial audition process, Hathaway, Biel and Mara all screen tested. Ultimately, Anne HathawayAnne Hathaway won the role.
- During one of the scenes involving the kangaroo court, Bane can be seen sitting in the rear of the courtroom quietly knitting. Given the influence that Screenwriter Jonathan NolanJonathan Nolan says Dickens' A Tale of Two Cities had on the story, this is presumably an allusion to Madame Defarge and her practice of knitting while watching public guillotine executions.
- Leonardo DiCaprioLeonardo DiCaprio, Ryan GoslingRyan Gosling and Mark RuffaloMark Ruffalo were considered to play John Blake before Joseph Gordon-LevittJoseph Gordon-Levitt was ultimately cast. DiCaprio was one of the actors considered to play Robin in Batman Forever before [?] Chris O'DonnellChris O'Donnell[?] got the part.
- ChloŽ Grace MoretzChloŽ Grace Moretz and Jennifer LawrenceJennifer Lawrence auditioned for Juno TempleJuno Temple's role of Jen, Selina Kyle's sidekick.
- When Officer Blake talks about "giant alligators" being in the sewer line, this may be an intentional nod towards [Batman] villain Killer Croc.
- Robin WilliamsRobin Williams was rumored to play the role of Hugo Strange.
- Naomi WattsNaomi Watts, Rachel WeiszRachel Weisz and Marion CotillardMarion Cotillard were considered to play Miranda Tate before Cotillard finally got the role. Cotillard started filming one month after she gave birth to her son, Marcel.
- There are several moments in the film where it is hinted that the child was not Bane. Bane tells Batman he never saw light 'til he was already a man. Furthermore, the child that escapes from the pit is not scarred despite the fact we know Bane was treated within the prison.
- Bane has a triangular scar on the side of his head, most visible during the stock exchange scene. Miranda Tate has an identical scar on her back, noticeable during her love scene with Bruce, thus hinting at her membership in the League of Shadows and true identity as Talia.