Random Trivia For This Title:
- The word "Batman" is said only 10 times throughout the film.
- A clue to Ducard's true identity is given by the fact that his twin mustaches are the same shape as Ra's Al Ghul's trademark goatees.
- Since Alfred's sense of duty and loyalty towards Bruce Wayne reminded him of the comradeship that exists in the military, Sir Michael CaineMichael Caine based his character's voice on that of a colonel he knew when he was in the army as an 18-year-old.
- Katie HolmesKatie Holmes has played alongside two actors who've portrayed Batman. Christian BaleChristian Bale in this film, and Michael KeatonMichael Keaton in First Daughter.
- This is the first movie to use the new DC logo.
- Before the shooting began, Christopher NolanChristopher Nolan invited the whole film crew to a private screening of Blade Runner. After the film he said to the whole crew, "This is how we're going to make [Batman]."
- Much of Batman's gear and apparel, including his cape and suit, is based on actual military technology.
- The Batmobile, 9 feet wide and 16 feet long, has a top speed of 106 miles per hour and can accelerate from 0 to 60 miles per hour in 6 seconds. The engine is a 5.7 liter V8 Chevy. It runs on unleaded gas and can do about 7 miles per gallon. It has four 44-inch tires at the rear, made by Interco Tire Corp, while the front is covered in jagged plates of armor. It was designed and built by [?] Chris Corbould and [?] Andrew Smith at Shepperton Studios in England. This Batmobile was built from the ground up and is estimated to be worth half a million pounds. It was designed by mashing together several different off-the-shelf model kits; its construction was so exacting to the model that they even duplicated the blobs of excess glue.
- During filming of the scene where Batman is being towed by a train through the streets of Gotham, so much steam was used that it would "rain" on the cast and crew for several minutes after each take.
- The wide-shot of the house of the League of Shadows was entirely computer-generated.
- Viggo MortensenViggo Mortensen turned down Liam NeesonLiam Neeson's role. [?] Daniel Day-Lewis was also approached.